Monday, 11 May 2009
Postcard from the Philippines no. 2
A postcard showing a tranquil view of some of the islands in the Hundred Islands National Park, in the province of Pangasinan in northern Philippines.
The 6 peso stamp from 2005 is dedicated to the United Nations Millenium Development Goals contained in the Millennium Declaration adopted by 189 nations during the UN Millennium Summit in September 2000. They are:
* Goal 1: Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
* Goal 2: Achieve universal primary education
* Goal 3: Promote gender equality and empower women
* Goal 4: Reduce child mortality
* Goal 5: Improve maternal health
* Goal 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
* Goal 7: Ensure environmental sustainability
* Goal 8: Develop a Global Partnership for Development
The bird definitives of 1 and 5 pesos are from 2007 and form part of a big series showing typical and endangered species in the Philippines.
The card was sent on 18 November 2008 from Puerto Pricesa City and reached me on 1 December 2008. Thank you, Jan!