Friday 8 May 2009

Cover from Austria no. 3



On 22 April 2009 I received this very special cover from Austria. At first it was a mystery for me, but after some detective work I've found out that the larger yellow stamp is a "meine Marke", personalised stamp ordered with the Austrian Post. It was issued on 7 April 2009 in 100(!) pieces and it commemorates the 300th anniversary of postal service in Poysdorf in Lower Austria, a town close to the border with the Czech Republic which I've visited on a couple of occasions. Besides the stamp (and a nice definitive from 2003 showing Worthersee in Carinthia), there is a special cancellation of 18 April 2009 commemorating the same event and a special delivery with a "postbus". The only remaining mystery is the postmark of Poysbrunn, a village near Poysdorf, but I assume it was one of the stops of the postbus...

Florian, thank you very much!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you like the cover! ;-)

The cover was specially delivered by an historic postbus, which drove from Poysdorf to Poysbrunn. The special cancellation was applied in Poysdorf and the day cancellation upon arrival in Poysbrunn.

Viele Grüße,
Florian