Friday 23 January 2009

Postcard from Slovakia no. 3






In August 2008 I received this nice postcard of the Slovak town of Myjava (Trenčín Region, 10 km from the Czech border, 12,000 inhabitants) and its International Folklore Festival. The stamp was sent from the town of Stará Turá.

I didn't know the Slovak post had ever issued a self-adhesive stamp, but looking at this 20 SVK Olympic stamp there can be no doubt about it. Digging deeper, I discovered that on 5 November 2004 the Slovak post issued a whole booklet with 6 souvenir sheets commemorating the Slovak medallists at the 2004 Athens Olympics. This one is celebrating the gold medalists Pavol and Peter Hochschorner (canoe slalom). There are 60,000 copies of each souvenir sheet.

As far as I know the Czech post has never issued any self-adhesive stamp.

1 comment:

Master said...

Nice blog. Interested in swapping. I am from Pakistan. My blog: http://mycoolcovercollection.blogspot.com/